Clear, tooth–coloured Ceramic Braces are made of very fine, translucent porcelain. This is the perfect option for patients who seek a less visible option. It is suitable and popular among cosmetically-conscious patients, such as teenagers and adult patients. They are usually placed on the upper teeth only unless the patient’s bite relationship allows for them to be used on the lower. The mechanics and efficacy of this type of treatment are exactly the same as the metal counterpart, with the same amazing results.
Clear Ceramic Braces
“Get Your Smile Straight Discreetly With Ceramic Braces in Sydney”
Ceramic braces are a popular alternative to traditional metal braces, particularly among adults who look for a more subtle orthodontic intervention. If you’re considering ceramic orthodontics for your smile-straightening dental work, consider OrthoBoutique. We are a trusted team of orthodontists with many years of experience fitting ceramic braces in Sydney. Keep reading for more information on clear braces to help you decide if they are the right option for you.
What are Ceramic Braces?
As mentioned above, ceramic braces use a clear or tooth-coloured orthodontic bracket over your teeth rather than the traditional metal alternative. Your ceramic braces still need a metal wire and elastic bands to keep your teeth in place while wearing them. Here is some more information about ceramic braces:
- What are ceramic brackets made of? Ceramic braces are made of either translucent porcelain or ceramic or plastic compounds, such as polycrystalline alumina. Transparent braces are made of slightly different materials than tooth-coloured or white braces. Personal preference dictates your colour choice for the ceramic brackets, as they all work the same way to straighten your teeth.
- How are ceramic braces fitted to your teeth? Orthodontists use a dental cleaning gel and dental adhesive to attach the ceramic brackets to the front of your teeth. They also connect the metal arch wires on your teeth using the tooth coloured brackets as anchor points.
- Should you choose ceramic braces for a child? Some children are impartial to the colour of the metal brackets and elastics involved in traditional braces and often do not request a ceramic alternative. Ceramic braces are suitable and safe for children and adults of all ages though.
How to Choose Between Ceramic Braces and Metal Braces
Both ceramic and metal braces work exactly the same way to align your teeth. Therefore, the choice between the two is usually aesthetically driven. Choosing clear braces is ideal if you present yourself in film or photographs often where they will appear close to invisible. Braces need attentive care and maintenance, and there are a few factors to consider before choosing the right option for you:
- Care for your ceramic braces: Due to their light or colourless appearance, ceramic braces tend to stain more easily than metal ones. It may take extra care to keep them clean, and they are often better suited to adults or older teens than young children. Smoking may cause faster discolouration if you wear clear braces.
- Cost considerations: Ceramic braces are usually slightly more expensive than traditional metal ones due to the materials’ cost. Weigh up the cost of the braces versus the time you need to wear them for your dental alignment.
- Overbite and lower teeth. If you have a severe overbite, ceramic braces may not be ideal for your bottom teeth. Orthodontists may not recommend clear ceramic braces for your bottom front teeth as the ceramic material may cause gradual enamel damage to your top front teeth when you bite or chew.
OrthoBoutique Fits Premium Clear Braces in Sydney
OrthoBoutique is a newly established orthodontic practice, trusted for our professional recommendation and fitting of ‘CLEAR’ or ‘INVISIBLE’ CERAMIC BRACES in Sydney. We have a decade of industry experience, and our passion for specialised patient care and our record of quality service make us an orthodontic leader in our community. Our friendly team enjoys working with adults and children alike, and we strive to make you feel comfortable and relaxed at every appointment.
How to Get Started With Your Ceramic Braces Treatment in Sydney at OrthoBoutique
Beyond helping you to achieve a spectacular smile and healthier dentition and occlusion; we pride ourselves on providing exceptional patient/customer service and support, including:
- Affordable pricing and flexible payment plans: We are here to help you with every process of your orthodontic treatment for a simple, affordable, satisfying smile makeover. As such, we provide transparent quotes before any treatment commences, so you understand the investment involved. We also offer low initial deposit, flexible, interest-free payment solutions to suit your budget.
- Individualised attention: Although we are a boutique practice with a small, dedicated team, we provide you with high quality, individualised orthodontic care. Our principal orthodontist personally checks your progress and make adjustments at every appointment. This central point of evaluation and care ensures consistent progress and speedy, successful orthodontic outcomes.
- Friendly and supportive team: Embarking on an orthodontic treatment journey requires long-term commitment and a substantial time investment. This can sometimes be stressful. However, we want you or your child to feel comfortable and relaxed, so our team of warm and welcoming professionals will make you feel right at home. “We think of you as part of our family, so you can trust us with your smile, comfort, and budget.”
- Specialist orthodontist: Dr Tee is an AHPRA registered specialist orthodontist with certifications by the Dental Board of Australia and Australasian Orthodontic Board. He is an active member of the Australian Society of Orthodontics. Unlike your family dentist/general dentist, Dr Tee did three years of full-time university training to become an orthodontist after working as a general dentist. As a specialist orthodontist, he uses his knowledge and experience to provide you with a high standard of specialised orthodontic care.
Contact us for more information on CERAMIC BRACES, or to book a consultation and get your teeth straightened with our affordable prices, flexible payment plans, and personalised treatment.